I love Aveeno lotion. I use it everyday. I got to the “bottom” of another bottle of the stuff recently. Begrudgingly, I took the pump out and started furiously smacking the open end of said bottle against my hand in an attempt to get some of the leftover lotion. Why? Because Aveeno, like so many other companies, has made it their unfortunate practice to fit their lotion bottles with pumps that are unable to pump out every last bit of their fabulous lotion. Maybe their lotion is too thick? No.
The way the light hits the container, you can see all that extra lotion. This bottle is holding out on me!
I would say that there is probably around 3/4 of a cup of lotion left in each bottle when it stops coming out of the pump. Argh!
So. I finally grabbed all my other “empty” bottles and decided it was time to combine. I have done this before, but usually I don’t wait so long to combine. La-zy.
It’s actually pretty easy to get this stuff out if you have a couple of kitchen utensils on hand. If you don’t want to use your utensils on lotion, you could always stop by a thrift store and get the necessary tools there for a really small amount of pocket change. Then you can use them for all sorts of lotions, body washes, etc. You get the idea.
The Utensils You will Need
- kitchen shears
- a spatula
- a funnel
- a container to put the lotion in(I just use another “empty” bottle)
5 Easy Peasy Steps
- Take the pump out of your old bottle and place funnel in opening of container your lotion is destined for.
- Using your kitchen shears, cut that bottle through the middle horizontally. You could use a knife if you want to. Either way- be careful with sharp objects.
- Scoop contents from old bottle into funnel.
- Holding the funnel firmly in place, tap the new container on a counter until the lotion travels from the funnel into its new home. You can use your spatula to push the lotion into the funnel as well.
Evidently I did not push all the junk on my table out of sight. Oooh- a banana!
- Close up your new container and recycle the old one!
6 “empty” bottles make 1 full bottle…
That’s it. Doesn’t it feel good to know that all that extra lotion isn’t going to waste while your hands feel like they’re shriveling up? Yes. It does.
A little side note: when I say tap the container in Step 4- I’m serious. Don’t let it get out of hand! If you’re too aggressive with your tapping you may end up with lotion on your ceiling. Just sayin’.
Do you love Aveeno, too? Have you found the amount left in the bottle irritating? Does that sort of stuff just not bother you? 🙂
p.s. Aveeno didn’t pay me for writing this. I don’t even think they would want to. I still love their lotion. It’s not fun to clean lotion off a ceiling.